Sunday, October 25, 2009

Disney- Checking in and Animal Kingdom

Saturday afternoon we jumped on the plane and flew down to Orlando to DisneyWorld. The kids were super excited and were counting down the days. I was looking forward to some warm weather and no rain. We checked into the Port Orleans French Quarter on Saturday evening. It was 86 when we landed and of course the kids wanted to go swimming.

Ryan with the crocodile being silly.
Leah had to pose with one as well.

Today (Sunday) we went to Animal Kingdom. It was a lot of fun and we were able to see and do everything. It was great - going at this time of the year there were not any lines. The longest we had to wait for something was maybe 10 min. It took longer to walk thru the line area than the actual wait. Their first ride was Expedition Everest - scary rollercoaster featuring the Yeti. Leah decided that once was enough. The safari tour was neat - we got to see a lot of animals roaming about. I liked that we were able to see them in their "natural" habitat vs. in a caged area at a zoo. The Dinosaur ride I thought had the best special effects. We also saw The Lion King show, Finding Nemo the musical and A Bugs Life 4D - very fun and great effects as well. Unfortunately I was not able to get a lot of pictures because my camera died. I have it charging and ready to go for tomorrow.

This was a very cool tree behind them with lots of carving on it.

Here they are in front of some monkeys in the "Asian" area.
Tomorrow we are off to Epcot. I am looking forword to that.




1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hope you all are having a great time!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home