Snow Damage??
Well....we got around 8-10 inches of snow Sunday night and it was quite windy. Monday morning I realized that my internet and home phone did not work. I called the cable company and went thru all the steps and couldn't get it working. So, they would have to send a tech out. After spending over 20 minutes convincing them that I could not wait until Wed or Thurs they said that they could get someone out Tuesday afternoon. The tech showed up and couldn't figure it out. He said that either they accidently disconnected me or something happened outside. We opened the back door and much to my surprise........the neighbors tree had fallen over and had knocked down all my power lines. They were surprised that I still had power. The cable guy could not do anything because of the live power lines. I then had to call WE Energies and he showed up (rather quickly when you mention live power lines down). He said that he had to cut all the power and could put the lines back up, but then I would need an electrician because the electric box and lines had been ripped off the house and were damaged. So, I got the electrician out and he did his part and turned the power back on. We were only without power for about 5 hours. Today the cable guy came back and had to run new lines and now we are finally back up and running.

2 Comments:
Wow - looking back at it now, don't you think it is a little funny that it took you two days to discover that there was a down tree (and power lines) in your back yard?! I'm glad you got it figured out -- and glad that we didn't stay over another night. No snow in southern Indiana!!!
I asked the kids about that because they were out playing in the snow. I said "did you notice the tree that had fallen down and all the lines that were laying on the ground?" Leah said - yes, but we though you did that for some reason.
I never look in the back yard - no reason to.
Post a Comment
<< Home