Flooded!
We have been having rainy stormy weather as well. Saturday I went up to Green Bay to visit my friend June. While I was gone Milwaukee got hit with some major weather. Streets were closed because they were flooded, business shut down early, the airport was closed, etc.
This morning Sue called me to see if I knew what was going on. My basement was flooded. It looks like at one point there was a couple of inches of standing water. Everything touching the floor was soaked. I had bags and suitcases, laundry, a couple of rugs and more. I also had quite a bit of stuff being stored in boxes. I pulled a bunch of it outside to try to dry it out. Some of the stuff was ruined. I also had to go thru the boxes to what shape that stuff was in. Most of it I was able to keep although I did end up having to throw out some stuff. Sue was also here helping. I really appreciated it. She did most of the mopping- with some "help" from Ryan and Leah.
Then I had to scramble to bring everything in as it started storming again!! I left two rugs out because they were still soaked and I didn't have anywhere to go with them. Now my basement will flood all over again with the current storm..... I am going to have to have someone look at it tomorrow. We are supposed to have rain and storms all week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home